Concordia Theological Seminary forms pastors for the India Evangelical Lutheran Church, and as such, holds to the same beliefs that are confessed by the IELC and our confessional Lutheran partner churches throughout the world, especially our mother-church, the LCMS.
Our confessions rest on the authority of Scripture alone (Sola Scriptura), which is the source of their authority. As such, the confessions that we make our own are authoritative, not of themselves, but because they are an accurate explanation of God’s holy Word.
Our confessions are the compilation of documents included in the Book of Concord of 1580. These are:
- The three Ecumenical Creeds
- The unaltered Augsburg Confession
- The Apology of the Augsburg Confession
- The Small Catechism and Large Catechism of Martin Luther
- The Smalcald Articles
- Treatise on the Power and Primacy of the Pope
- The Formula of Concord (Solid Declaration and Epitome)
These documents are feely available online. Click here to view (separate website).